Thread: Afr vs timing
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 11:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jinxx
Track Member

Drives: 2017 nismo 370z
Jinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Afr vs timing

I tried searching for this but didn’t have much luck ..I was wondering if too much advance timing would cause a lean condition in the AFR gauge ... what Im wanting to do and not sure if it would work or not ... I’m running methanol injection on my boosted Z ... I was wanting to use a solenoid in the boost controller to opens wastegates to default spring pressure with the signal from the AFR gauge in a lean condition as a safety for the methanol injection (pump failure.. out of methanol.. loss of flow situations etc..)... after thinking about it I’m not sure If the methanol fails if the added timing would be detected as a lean condition. My tune is set at 8lbs boost to trigger the meth spray ... I’m assuming the fuel would be lowered for anticipation of the added methanol and timing ... so would it be picked up as leaning out to trip the solenoid ?
Jinxx is offline   Reply With Quote