View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 10:03 AM   #22 (permalink)
Spartan 1771
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Wife crazy & 09 370Z
Spartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan 1771 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a tough question. There are only a few cars in this segment and people tend to want to compare them to Mustangs, which I feel is equivalent to comparing apples to oranges. In my humble opinion the 370Z is in the same class as a lot of roadsters but outperforms all of them. IE: Audi TT, BMW Z3 and the Porsche Boxster (the Z doensn't outperform the GTS).

Unfortunately there are a lot of young kids buying these cars and destroying them..... um.....er....I mean heavily modifying them, and not for the better. This is common though at this point in the life cycle of all sports cars. As they age the price comes down and the audience opens up to who can afford them. If you have the mental fortitude, check out the 370Z Facebook forum. It is chocked full of knucklehead kids doing all sorts of unspeakable things to their 370Zs. Eventually though they will get bored and move on to the next car they can afford. I plan to outlast all of them and will own this car until the day I drop dead. In twenty years from now I'm gonna be the old guy at the Z shows with the awesome classic 2009 370Z.

Overall I believe the general public knows little about this car. They think it is more expensive and faster then it is. Other car enthusiasts who have never driven one tend to really knock it though. They have no clue what it is capable of and always want to compare it to muscle cars.

-DD Air Guide, Stillen G3 CAIs, 63mm Throttle Bodies, Motordyne M370, Berk HFCs, FI TDX CBE (non-res, CF), Sprint booster v3, Ecutek Dyno Tuned, and the list goes on...

Last edited by Spartan 1771; 12-18-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Spartan 1771 is offline   Reply With Quote