View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 06:44 PM   #55 (permalink)
jginnane
Base Member

Drives: 09Z Pearl 7AT, 09 TL
jginnane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Rpm View Post
(blah, blah, blah ...) the set goes, considering they're mint, I'd like to get 1500$
My, my. "The Sleeper Has Awakened." (Frank Herbert)

Let's get this straight -- an ad has run here for over six months. As recently as a week ago, it said, quote: "Best offer". Now we, uh -- what's the word? Need something for the crack pipe?

You'd really have to be SMOKING CRACK to even consider this. One -- They're NOT "mint". The pictures that were posted looked like a wellworn set of beaters with the summer treads more than half gone.

Two -- did someone say the owner doesn't even have a Z? WTF? Then how does he claim to know the set or rims hasn't been pounded into squares by the winter potholes on the Belt Parkway? Or did he just kinda eyeball them?

Three, the $800 cash offer was to make this thing go away, for all practical purposes. It was an over/under proposition; the worn rubber looked basically useless, but I was hoping a couple rims might be salvageable by someone in this Tristate area, and I was willing to warehouse them (halfway btw AC and NYC) until needed. I was willing to put the set on a Hunter balance to find out what was useable, and what wasn't.

My offer is withdrawn and the seller's name has been added to my TWIT FILTER. "Caveat Emptor."
jginnane is offline   Reply With Quote