View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 11:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Zthirty4NISMO
Base Member

Drives: DRKNITE
Zthirty4NISMO is on a distinguished road

So a little update. We had been trying to get it started late this summer into fall but never could get it to fire without starter fluid into the carb but then wouldn't stay running anyways. First we tried the fuel filter as it wasn't pumping gas up top. Filter seemed crappy but a new one didn't fix it. Then we went with a new fuel pump even though the one on it is only a few years old. During that process we discovered the short rubber line that begins after the hard line coming from the tank to the fuel filter was completely mangled so fuel was leaking. I guess after 40+ years stuff goes to sh!t. One we replaced that sure enough we had fuel up top. Hard to keep running smoothly though, need to control the throttle by hand so it definitely needs work. I'm going to try and get some pics here soon enough.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Always Dry || AROSPEED || Covercraft || CoverKing || EVO-R || Fast Intentions || FilterMag || NISMO || ONEighty || Prismatic Powders || RJM Performance || The370Z.com || Trackspec || ZSPEC Design || ZSPEED Performance || Z1 Motorsports || Panaflex Carbon Ceramic Tint
Zthirty4NISMO is offline   Reply With Quote