View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 01:44 PM   #440 (permalink)
URBiN~HURMiT
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z 6MT
URBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I think the JWT C2 cams are better for us. My understanding the guy had FI 3.5 turbo's. I would have used the JWT C1 cams on that engine. You can see the torque curve in the video. It's flat and comes on hard down low. Too much for my liking. He will struggle with traction down low for sure. Looking at your graphs the 3.357 is the reason your dyno graphs read low. Doesn't matter if the car is not in the correct rpm range for the quarter mile. The less shifting is also better for 1/4 mile. A 3.5 diff would be better for you I beat. MA can fix that up for you also with a quick change diff and custom subframe. LOL
This build is all new territory for me and I've been making decisions these past 5 years based on research and the technology available at the time.
Tried my best, but it's still an educated guess tho'.

I did consider the 3.5 FD (from the 350z) but it was too close to the 3.692 OEM gears in the car... so I went with the 3.357.
As it was - the OEM 3.692 gears were just about useless launching the car.

I did check out that video you posted earlier - looks like Dynosty did a great job on the build and tune.
One of the things I look back on and regret a little is not going with the 10:1CR.
I had 9.5:1 in the IPP built motor that AAM managed to grenade.
Daelen talked me into going back to the OEM 11:1 CR for their build.
Right now I'm going to live with what I have - been way too long as it is.

The DynoLog Sheet does show a hump in the Torque curve at 4300 rpm, and flat spot in the neighborhood of 5000 rpm.
Will have to see how that works out in real life.
I'm sure/hopng it can be corrected if needed.