View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #2526 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Just took another look under the car a bit ago and the diff cover is spotless, so I'm pretty sure the diff bushing isn't shot or leaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
I think there is a thread in the Brakes and Suspension section on rear axle clunk and how to fix it. That may be your issue. Mine has been clunking for a while and I am sure that is what it has to be as I have changed out every bushing possible in the rear suspension and I am running on true type coilovers.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I don't think that is my issue here. It only started immediately after installing the coilovers. There were zero noise issues before pulling into the shop to install the coilovers, but the noise issue was definitely there right after getting the car off the lift after the install.

And even after I took the car to the alignment shop to have the alignment done, he inspected everything and double checked the torque on everything as well for me. He even pulled the rear shocks, adjusted them and reinstalled them. Even he couldn't figure out what was causing the noise.

With all of the high end Porsche's, Lambo's, etc, etc and race cars he works on, I highly trust him with my car, which is exactly why I drive the 100 miles or so to have him do my alignments. He knows his shizz.