View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 11:45 PM   #2522 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Still battling this damn suspension creaking, rattling and clunking in the rear. So today, we cut some 0.25" heavy industrial rubber pads and installed them on the spring perches. Took it out for a spin, and... STILL RATTLING AND CLUNKING!!! Dammit! The creaking is pretty much gone though, so not a total loss I guess.

And yes, just as twice before, we have checked, double checked and triple checked all suspension points in the rear. Everything is torqued to spec, and checked again.

The only other thing I can think of it being is the top hats of the rear BC BR shocks being shot or the shocks themselves being shot. But as far as operation goes, the shocks are working fine and respond well to stiffness adjustments.

All I know is that this damn continuing noise is really starting to piss me off.

On a slightly brighter note, since the rear wheels were already off the car, we pulled the fronts off as well, thoroughly cleaned and scrubbed the backsides of them as well as the faces of them, remounted them, dried them and the tires, and then applied a healthy dose of Meguiar's #40 vinyl/rubber cleaner and conditioner. Made the tires look brand new again. Not that nasty, ugly shiny crap.

Oh, and lastly, I bumped up the stiffness slightly on the shocks front and rear. The fronts are set to 25 to stiff, the rears are 21 to stiff. Before, all four were at 15 (out of a total of 31).