View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alignment Capabilities

I was wondering how much an alignment was able to correct and if I should bother taking it to a shop. I ask because while the car is driveable over short distances and relatively low speeds (40 tops), it is no longer registered (salvage title conversion) for legal driving. I don't want to waste money towing it to an alignment shop for them to quote me fair, but expensive, prices to replace items that I am capable of replacing at home and I do not want to replace things that don't need replacing.

I was T-boned about 2 months ago, causing the following damage to the rear suspension:

Both mid-links bent
Non-impact side rear camber arm bent
Non-impact side traction arm may have been bent
Impact side camber arm
Impact side traction arm

I replaced pretty much all of both sides, completely correcting my driver's side wheel, but my passenger side wheel appears angled very slightly towards the driver's seat. I would say no more than 5 degrees tops. While I was under the car replacing parts, I looked over the rear crossmember pretty good and it did not appear bent or damaged. One of the adjusters mentioned a piece that I might need to replace, but I don't want to bias the responses.

I don't have pictures at the moment, I'm sorry.

Thanks in advance!
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote