Thread: Stranded!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 03:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
turbodog
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
turbodog is on a distinguished road

I agree that they did me a solid in the end (whoa, that didn't come out right!).
Initially I was annoyed by:
1. "We saw something similar in an Altima a few months ago. It's the steering lock module. $1000 plus installation. please..."

2. Oh, you already bypassed the steering lock? Then it must be the key. Please ride your backup transport (motorcycle) 45 minutes in the rain to go home and get the backup key and bring it here. We will continue to diagnose after we rule that out. We're sure it must be the key because it is getting spark. So, the problem must be fuel. So it MUST be the security system cutting off the fuel".

3. "Yes, we put a fuel pressure gauge on it and it is getting fuel initially, then the pressure drops while cranking"

The last clearly a bald faced lie, based on the facts that there is not port to hook up a fuel pressure gauge and the engine did not give even a hint of trying to start (which it would if the fuel system had been pressurized at all), and finally the wire was off the fuel pump. Do, no bad YELP review, but no free BBQ either
turbodog is offline   Reply With Quote