View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 11:26 PM   #65 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Sooooo I switched to the R888R last week. It's a 305/30 versus the 325 RE11 on my other rear wheels. Night and Day. The car was completely sketch at 12psi doing 3rd gear WOT logging on RE11's. To the point I could'nt actually look over at the AFR gauge to see if it was matched up with what ECUTEK was logging for AFRs. Got the tires on just in time for Seb to up the boost for MAP 2. Got the tires warmed up after a Cruise log then did an Area 51 set of 3rd gear WOT logs. I had watched a review of the Triple 8R on a 900rwhp Mustang where he did a third gear pull and dead hooked so I was confident. For my purposes I'm no convinced because I wotted it and it just went. No spin , just go. For giggles I pulled it in 2nd with the same result. I can't tell you how much power I'm making now, but it's a lot more than the 509 from before and alot more than the 10psi wastegate.
People talk about the longevity of the tire, or rain but seriously I have a spare set of 95% RE11's sitting on a spare set of Nismo wheels. Here's the video review I was watching. I felt it for myself.

https://youtu.be/piX4-AzxB2Q

Last edited by solidus; 12-12-2018 at 11:28 PM.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote