View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #146 (permalink)
G35guy84
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z 7AT Sprt PW
G35guy84 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Altered View Post
Ok, first XwChriswX, it is certainly possible to install a TT Kit on an auto, and as a matter of fact, in some cases, automatic cars are actually faster than manual. However with the 370Z and Nissan's new 7AT transmission, there are limited transmission upgrade options for the car, given that it's so new. With the old 5AT autos, we would do a transmission valve body upgrade(which is basically a spring and revalve upgrade), which allows the car to shift through the gears harder and faster. The older auto TT cars with an upgraded valve body go through the gears just as fast, if not faster than manuals, and they have a longer rear end than manual cars, so in some cases, a A/T TT car could give MT cars a run for their money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Altered View Post
And I'm sorry I don't have any new updates for everyone on Lou's car. It's ready to be tuned, but Mike has been out of town, but I should have a dyno video and dyno graph ready for everyone on Monday!

-jon
'09 Nissan 370Z Base 7AT - Sport Package - Pearl White | Performance Mods: Stillen G3 CAI | F.I. HFC | F.I. TDX CBE w/ 18" resonators | Megan Racing coilover kit | Ichiba rear camber kit | 20mm front / 25mm rear H&R spacers | Aesthetic Mods: White interior/license plate LEDs | 6000K bulbs | 20% tint
G35guy84 is offline   Reply With Quote