View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 01:26 AM   #105 (permalink)
dts3
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to add a little info to this. Nothing truly helpful; just something I noticed. I have a manual base model (no rev matching) and I REALLY want to plot my current gear against other data.

I noticed that in all of my logs that I never receive any messages with id 0x421 (what's supposed to contain this data). Looking at the spreadsheet, I see that this message also transmits the S-Mode status. I remember a post I read a while back about adding rev matching to a base model, and two of the things needed are a gear position sensor and a new ECU. Given that I don't have the proper ECU (or even the actual sensor!), this has to be the reason that this message isn't on the bus. Just a heads-up to anyone with a base model trying to sniff out the CAN bus.
dts3 is offline   Reply With Quote