View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 07:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Optimiser
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Nissan 370Z MT
Optimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
I had the Sur Grip coating added to my jackshaft pulley sc side and less than 200 miles later the belt is completely shredded. From day one I noticed a ton of belt dust around the jackshaft pulley. The Sur Grip coating chewed the belt to pieces. I'm glad I had already anticipated it was going to happen and bought another Vortech pulley to replace it.

If anyone was thinking about getting the coating added, save your money. It'll destroy your belt.
This is another reason to only use Vortech parts like their impellers to and not 928's. I've had no issue with belt wear with Vortech's high traction pulleys.
Optimiser is offline   Reply With Quote