View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
sirnixalot
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
sirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond reputesirnixalot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting a built short block, reuse timing chains?

So I decided it was a good idea to not check my fluids before heading to the strip and while trying to figure out why my launch control wasn't working I pumped what little oil I had in the heads.

One spun rod bearing later I emailed a few vendors about their short blocks and settled on AAM. The were the first to respond and took care of locating a core so I didn't have to and to boot their time frame was the shortest (not that I intend to hold them to that at this time of year).

While I fully intend to get new crank gear, tensioners and guides, is it worth the extra ~$250 to do new chains or is there no issue in reusing my 70k chains?