View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 07:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

w0wieet,

Assuming you mean "S Mode" when you wrote "sport mode", are you aware that the switch must be held down for more than one second in order to turn the rev matching system off?

You press the button down to turn the S mode on, but you must hold the switch down for more than one second to turn it off.

The S mode system involves a multitude of system inputs from the crankshaft position sensor, the cam shaft position sensor, the clutch position switch, the clutch interlock switch, the gear lever position sensor, the engine input sensor (speed), and the combination meter (speedometer/tach) all into the ECM, and then depending on the S mode switch setting, the magic takes place. (I just copied all of this from the factory service manual, certainly not because I'm a knowledgeable tech.)

From all of that you can understand why it'll be unlikely that the average owner will be able to correct the issue. That said, the S Mode system diagnosis starts on page EC - 126 (Engine Control section, page 126) and goes beyond page 531 in the 2016 service manual.

I think you'll find that a service tech using the Nissan Consult computer may be able to narrow down your issue quickly to the fault, saving you a lot of frustration, and yes, it'll cost some bucks.

Or maybe someone here has had your same problem before, and will jump in? Good Luck!
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote