View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakez View Post
Update Pending Decision:

I may need to close the road to twin turbos due to the welder telling me he wants to charge $1200 to weld downpipes, intercooler brackets and two BOV's. He is making the downpipes from scratch but time is not on my side this time.
I banked on him charging me 500 - 700 max but that is not the case unfortunately.

I can't gather $1200 between now and the time that Husam is able to come over here as his next time off is in April and there's no way I am willing to wait that long.

I have two friends telling me to stay supercharger as I am so close to it and that they are telling me the person who rebuilt my supercharger twice screwed me over from day 1 and I was just too blind to see it.

I'm the only one that blew up my supercharger due to low oil issue and that's because I trusted the mobile mechanic, TWICE!

Ugh. I don't think I can go twin turbo even if I tried my hardest because of the cost he is telling me for welding.

My options is to:
(1) Send my blower to vortech to have it rebuilt correctly (but it has 928 impeller so Idk if they'd touch it)

(2) If Vortech won't touch it, then send it to 928 to have it rebuilt but with the risk of there still being an oil vent spill issue.

(3) Sell the blower as is for X amount, and use that money to buy a new blower (Possibly a V3 Si or a bigger one like Novi 2200x)

(4) Attempt to convert the current blower to oil fed since the guy stole my oil slinger?

What do you guys honestly think I should do if you were in my shoes?

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks.
About all I can say is. But if after tomorrow you're really going to stay sc, send your blower to vortech, have them rebuild it and install the Si impeller. My Si impeller was more efficient than my 928. I should have never gotten the 928 wheel.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp

Last edited by redondoaveb; 12-07-2018 at 09:34 PM.
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote