Thread: Stranded!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 04:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
turbodog
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
turbodog is on a distinguished road

Thanks. The battery did drain fast after it died and I was cranking it to try and restart. But it DID crank vigorously a few times before slowing down. The shop is supposedly charging and testing it now. 1st thing they wanted to to was replace the steering lock module. I said it was bypassed, and asked them to dig deeper before throwing a $1000 part at it. It was running when it failed, and allowed me to crank the engine. Does not sound like the steering lock module. Then they thought it was my key. wanted me to bring my backup key. I said, again, it was running. I can stomp the key into dust while it is running and it will keep running. They insisted, so i took them the key. Of course it didn't work. No "Key" icon while cranking. The battery was flat at that point. That's where I left it. You are right, I should have had it towed home. The said it has spark. If true, then cam and crank sensors should be OK. Maybe the fuel pump failed. Or, like you said, maybe just a failing battery....
turbodog is offline   Reply With Quote