View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute
Default [Build Thread] -- Journey to 650+ WHP [GTR Twin Turbo Kit]

Good Afternoon Community!

Man, This year has been one hell of a year for me.
For those of you that are new and do not know of me, or who have not followed / seen my supercharger build thread, I will introduce myself!

I am still pretty new to the car world, let alone the Forced Induction world.
I've so much to learn I don't even know where to begin.

Yeah, I've made a million mistakes, but as others on here have told me and warned me, the FI world -- everyone makes dumb mistakes of their own, some more than others lol. And I'm inclined to say I'm one of those people that make them more than others xD (Above average++)!

Long story short:
- I made a previous thread attempting to make it to 700+ whp through supercharged applications, but it did not work out.

-> It didn't work out due to a million different issues coming up one after another, some multiple at once. (Read my thread for detailed information)

-> The last straw for me was when a local mobile mechanic who rebuilt my SC the first time did an excellent job, then when I brought it back to him the 2nd time for actual repairs, he decided to steal my oil slinger while telling me it's still in there when he gave it back, steal my new 928 oil seals (front and back), while leaving the old ones on there and hoping I wouldn't detect it until later, and charging me extra by telling me he spent "hours sanding the gears down and polishing the insides of the blower".
In total, he stole about $300+ worth of material and money.

-> I decided after that, I would forget the SC build and because Husam on this forum decided to offer me to trade a kit-for-kit trade -- my entire a2a kit + the blower as current status, for his GTR twin turbo kit, I finally bit the bullet and decided to contact him and trade kits.

Potentials of this build:
- Able to be upgraded in the future to 850+ whp, and even 1000+ whp, but the standard kit brings it up to 650 WHP which is should be plenty enough for me for DD.

- Can swap down pipes for cats for obvious reasons every so often

- Can easily control Torque using boost controller that way I don't explode my fragile 7AT, at least until I upgrade to the RJM fully built 7AT

- Can be more fun than the superchargers, as it is a different venue for me so it's something different for me to drive around! Yay~

My current modifications on the 09 370z 7AT Sport Pkg Chicane Yellow as of now:

- RJM Closed Deck Short Block VQ37VHR Crank
- 11.0:1 Compression Ratio
- IPP Long Block Stage IV Specs (Supports up to 1000 RWHP)
- 1050x ID
- Speed Density, 4 Bar Omni Sensor
- ATI Super Damper 5.7" Street Crank Pulley
- KW V3 Suspension
- High Pressure Radiator Cap
- Yellow Optima Battery
- Quaife LSD with full whiteline polyurethane bushings (including the center)
- Stillen Catback Exhaust System
- CZP 34 Row Oil Cooler w/ braided lines & fire resistant wrapping

Items that will be added onto the car in the future:
- AAM Oil Pan Spacer
- BDE Polyurethane Motor Mount
- Yellowstuff Brake Pads
- Genuine Akebono Rotors
- GTR Twin Turbo Kit @ Husam

I will be continually updating this thread in the future as a journal of all the good, the bad, and the ugly things that occur.

Let's hope for better luck overall in the year 2019 with Husam's Twin Turbo kit, shall we?!

================================================== ================================================== =================
================================================== ================================================== =================

December 06, 2018
--> I make up my mind about swapping over to a twin turbo system as per Husam's offer to trade me my current a2a kit for his GTR kit. I had to buy a few things on top of the kit but it still is cheaper than buying a new blower at $2000+ while making less power than what a turbo system could make from the bang for buck point of view. <--

--> I order the following items from ConceptZPerformance:
~ BDE Polyurethane Motor Mount ~
~ AAM Competition Oil Pan Spacer Kit ~

December 07, 2018
--> I order 14036-EA200 & 14036-JF04A, two of each (4 total pieces) from NissanPartsDeal .
Translation: GENUINE NISSAN & INFINITI Driver Metal Exhaust Manifold Gasket A (x2)
Translation: Nissan 14036JF04A Genuine OEM Turbocharger Gasket (x2)
<--

--> I order CXRacing Universal 2.25" T25 T28 GT25 GT28 Turbo Inlet Flange For Silvia 240SX (2 total) from Ebay
The cost of these at the time was: $22.00 each ($44.00 total, with free shipping) <--

Last edited by cupcakez; 12-07-2018 at 03:12 PM.
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote