View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #4276 (permalink)
Figtuna
Base Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Wht Tech
Figtuna is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Figtuna

Been watching and reading this thread for sometime. I have a 2015 Nismo tech and I love it. I know most everyone would like to see a newly designed & engineered Z, I'm curious too. It'll be a wait & see proposition but the bottom-line is that Nissan HASN'T released any official announcement concerning the Z...screw the the so-called "experts" that claim to have the insider knowledge and have poo-pooed the future of the Z. Speculation & interpretation are mind killers. So I'll leave it at that! If I was a Supra fan ....I'd be pissed! In the Jan 2019 edition of Automobile magazine they DROVE the new Supra and reports that the turbocharged 3.0L BMW in-line 6 will make between 360-380hp with a curb weight just under 3,300lbs! Oh sure...it'll have fancy electronics and gizmos to sway us, but after reading the nay-sayers on this thread complaining that the new future Z might make only 400 to 475hp, I can only wonder what the Supra guys are saying, mostly colorful metaphors. My subjective thoughts tell me that inexpensive after-market parts can bump the HP upto similar numbers. No word yet on the cost but history is replete with the Super being over-priced. Who knows, maybe the reason Nisan hasn't said anything about the future of the Z is because they're waiting for the final rendition of the Supra to hit the market to see where Toyota set the bar? We'll just have to wait & see. In the meantime I'm enjoying my Nismo and thankful for a rich rewarding sport cars. Happy trails & happy Holidays
Figtuna
Figtuna is offline   Reply With Quote