View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 03:55 AM   #358 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madwi View Post
Hopefully this train wreck will come to a conclusion! Good luck Husam!
Thanks man.
2018 has been the worst year for me in terms of unfortunate / fortunate events.

I got to meet many very cool respectable people throughout the unfortunate events (which makes it fortunate).

I got to meet everyone through this forum for starters.
I learned so much within the year I've been on these forums.

And I learned a lot about myself as well which is good.

It'll be good though.

Twin turbos was my initial plan when I first decided to go FI, between SC and Twin turbos.

Except my friend talked me out of paying AAM 37k for a fully built engine, and their twin turbo package + installation labor fees, and everything else that came with it (Extremely ridiculous, I know, but I'm glad he talked me out of it otherwise I would not have met the awesome people I met this past year), cause literally the next day I ordered the Stillen SC kit lol

Now I am going to pay in the ball park of $1500 to make the WHP I wanted all along, just through turbos instead of SC lol -- which isn't very impressive since it's turbos but hey, I think I'm okay with that!

I will most likely make a new build thread with the twin turbos, and ask them to take pictures throughout the process for me and let me know how it goes so I can record this new chapter for the FI life.

We'll see how it goes. Sad to leave the SC life but I think after all these events = I'm not meant to use SC's anymore lol, at least it's pretty clear to me that way.

Stay tuned folks!

The initial rough draft plan is as follows:

(1) Pay to have Husam's GTR twin turbo kit shipped to CA from Michigan (Probably about 100 lbs of stuff)

(2) Fly the dude over here on either the 16th or 18th depending on whatever is best for him

(3) Have one friend work on my car at Eugene's shop (assuming he will allow us to borrow his space for a few days -- as it was his idea to fly him over here, although he probably didn't think I would actually go through with it lol)

(4) That friend will hopefully get my engine out of the car by the time Husam comes (Ideal this is the plan)

(5) By the time Husam comes, he will work on it and within 24 hours from the time he gets to the garage, he would be able to have the engine back in the car the next day along with the twin turbo kit installed

(6) I will also change out my motor mount to a brand new BDE Billet Polyurethane Engine Motor Mount, and add the AAM Oil Spacer I just ordered as well.

(7) Hopefully, if all goes well, my bad luck will have run out for 2018 and I'll have a working GTR twin turbo 370z vehicle in 2019 lol -- and that I'd be able to drive it without issues for at least a month T_T (would be amazing considering I can't even drive my Z for a week straight without issues lately)

Husam and I agreed that I would only need to pay for shipping for the parts from Michigan to CA, and as for my a2a kit, he will take care of the shipping somehow in the future, so that saves me some money as well.

I'll make a new thread soon, once I know for sure that this plan is solid and is going through.
Just waiting on a Mr. Husam to give me the greenlight on what days to buy the tickets for, and whether or not Eugene will let us use his work space or not.

After those two things are green lights, then I will create a new build thread journal!!

!~! Positive vibes !~!

Last edited by cupcakez; 12-07-2018 at 04:07 AM.
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote