View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 10:58 PM   #355 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

- Unfortunate / Sad update -- Partially my fault -

Hey guys. Recently, I had my Vortech V3 supercharger head unit rebuilt by a local mobile mechanic. He rebuilt it the first time perfectly, but the 2nd time he decided for whatever reason (I've been nothing but respectful and nice to him), to screw me over and steal / take out the oil slinger, steal my brand new oil seals, and possibly more damage than I can detect.

His phone number:
1 916 767 9380

His Address:
5855 Clements Place, Valley Springs, CA 95252

His Name:
John (Probably isn't even his name tbh)

Do not do any dealings with him. He will screw you over for extra money even if you are nothing but respectful to him.

I am forced to convert it to an oil-fed unit now, as I do not want to put another oil slinger in there.

However, I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get the same v3 wave washers in case he stole them too.

Currently, there is 3 wave washers and one not wavy. Total of 4.

Is this supposed to be like that inside the blower, or is it supposed to be total of 4 wave washers -- two on each side?

I can't remember.

Also, does anyone have any information on what fittings I will need to convert it to an oil-fed unit for the VQ37VHR platform? (370z).

I know I need the following:
- Oil Pan Spacer made for FI applications
- Fittings ( ??? Size)
- Custom oil lines

Is there anything else I need in order to make this work?

Please and thank you.

I am extremely pissed that he screwed me over.
He harmed my supercharger, charged me extra, told me he sanded down and polished the insides of the blower and charged me an extra $200 when we opened it up and clearly he did not do any of that.

I got screwed over so bad...I can't believe it.

Thanks guys for allowing me to vent, I am pretty sad at the moment.

Also thank you for anyone who has feedback / tips / answers to my concerns!

EDIT:

100% Going to swap to Husam's GTR twin turbo kit.
This SC has given me nothing but stress and problems.

Only thing I have to pay for is:
- Upper Manifold OEM
- Welding for downpipes
- Labor to install it
- Shipping to ship all my a2a kit + crappy blower in condition it currently is in to Husam

I am going to trade him my entire a2a kit for his entire twin turbo kit

It will make the power I'm currently looking for, just need to limit the Torque through tuning / boost controller which is fine, at least until I upgrade my transmission to RJM in the future.

Sorry guys, thanks to that guy screwing me over, I choose to opt out of the SC game -- it's causing me too many problems, literally endless. making it not worth it in the long run

I'm going to fly Husam out to my area and have him and one or two other people work on my car for the twin turbo install, then fly him back.
At least, that's my plan.

EDIT #2:

I bought / will need to buy:

- AAM Oil Pan Spacer
- Upgraded Motor Mount
- OEM Upper Manifold
- Custom piping weld labor to fit these GTR turbos
- GTR Turbo blow off valves (2 of them)
- Labor for proper installation

Total: ~$1500 I am estimating. Not bad for swapping over to the GTR turbos. Better than buying another blower and having issues. I think by now I am convinced that I am cursed for using superchargers
That's the only things I need to pay for to have this kit installed.

Last edited by cupcakez; 12-07-2018 at 01:30 AM.
cupcakez is offline   Reply With Quote