View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics View Post
The dealer sold the car to me with 28 psi in all tires, which I promptly pumped up to Nissan's recommended 32 psi. The maximum recommended inflation pressure on the sidewall is 51 psi, so I split the difference and now am running 40 psi in all tires. The ride is not noticeably harsher but it does seem to be a little more precise and responsive in the feel. I'm going to get a tire tread depth gauge and monitor the wear across the tread. My goal will be to equalize the tread wear across the tire.

Don't run 40 PSI in your tires 32-35 PSI is plenty for daily driving.

Also, the suspension geometry of the Z will never give you even wear across the tires on a daily driver.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote