View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 10:50 PM   #5257 (permalink)
dts3
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABAM View Post
Haven't had a chance to shoot my 300BLK AR pistol yet because my local ranges are weird about AR/AK pistols. Most have flat out ban AR/AK pistols. One range allows AR/AK pistols but they have to have braces. There is one that allows all AR/AK pistols but I hate that range. The restrictions aren't due to legal concerns like dealing with AFT rulings. It is all due to stupid people not controlling their guns. For example; I had a discussion with one range's staff and their ban came after the owner of the range saw a guy with an AK pistol buy 100 rounds, shoot all of them at the same target and only 6 rounds hit the target. If it wasn't hunting season I would just go in the woods and blast away. I probably will build a standard lower with a brace later on making it easier to shoot it in general.

Any of you guys have issues with AR/AK Pistols at public ranges?
I've come across two ranges that don't allow AR pistols. I was told directly that it is because of them covering their *** for potential legal issues. Technically if you put the buffer tube of an AR pistol to your shoulder as if it's a stock then you're using it as an SBR and violating the NFA in a major way. I don't know if it's been tested in court, but an ATF agent with a bug up his *** can make a lot of trouble for you and the range. Gotta keep the buffer tube off your shoulder.
dts3 is offline   Reply With Quote