Thread: Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 02:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEK View Post
Indeed it is, but at my age, I have acquired all the material things that anyone can ask for. 4 years I was sick and having found no cure I found Buddism and it lead me to be cured. Now I see that the American dream of owning a home, car, wife, and kids, living in the suburbs trying to be better than the Jones's is nothing but a nightmare, not a dream. We buy and buy , get in debt, forced to pay for medical that you have a 50 50 chance of being cured etc, not to mention the attitude of most Americans wherever we live just got to me. I will be retired on Jan 15 and will sell and or give away my belongings and move. I already have a buyer for my Z, a car that has given me more pleasure driving than any other machine I've ever owned but the 44000 miles I drove to and from work like a robot I could have driven a scooter and would have saved so much money but that is the Past....Sorry kids to go off subject, my thought is .."don't get old" and " we are given a number of breaths before we die, don't waste them". If you can help someone in your life do it.
Congrats on your upcoming retirement. I am a year-or-two behind you. Hoping to retire January 2020. I'll be 65, have 47 years at my employer and all of the material things I NEED. My wife and I have 32 years behind us, and are very wise with our money. We pay cash for everything, have a nice "nest egg" and should be able to live our final days with almost the same lifestyle we have currently. Life is short, and we try to live with that thought in mind no matter what we do. If we want to travel, get a new car, or other "luxuries" we do.

My MIL was very frugal and after her husband passed away a few years before she did, she didn't want to spend a dime on herself. She wanted to do a lot of things, but never did. She was not rich by any stretch, but denied herself so many pleasures in life that she was miserable until she passed. My wife and I don't want to live like that, HOWEVER, we are still very aware of what life may hold in the future.

Live life large, help those you can, prepare for the worst, but live for today!!!!
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote