Thread: Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
gryghst
Base Member

Drives: '16 Nismo
gryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEK View Post
Indeed it is, but at my age, I have acquired all the material things that anyone can ask for. 4 years I was sick and having found no cure I found Buddism and it lead me to be cured. Now I see that the American dream of owning a home, car, wife, and kids, living in the suburbs trying to be better than the Jones's is nothing but a nightmare, not a dream. We buy and buy , get in debt, forced to pay for medical that you have a 50 50 chance of being cured etc, not to mention the attitude of most Americans wherever we live just got to me. I will be retired on Jan 15 and will sell and or give away my belongings and move. I already have a buyer for my Z, a car that has given me more pleasure driving than any other machine I've ever owned but the 44000 miles I drove to and from work like a robot I could have driven a scooter and would have saved so much money but that is the Past....Sorry kids to go off subject, my thought is .."don't get old" and " we are given a number of breaths before we die, don't waste them". If you can help someone in your life do it.
May you have a long and healthy retirment. Not sure I could take the same path you are taking in my retirement. Kind of like all my material things, although they are not the center of my life. My background is one of a very modest beginning, even though I could survive such a life style again l've grown accustomed to my current lifestyle. Again, congrats on your retirement, and Gods speed.
gryghst is offline   Reply With Quote