View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 06:40 AM   #185 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJM370ZR View Post
Not to hijack the post
I don't see this as hijacking a post, you're just throwing another thought out for consideration. If it bothers anyone, then we'll start a separate thread because I think it would be worth pursuing.

As much as the overall mechanism of the top on the Z seems much more complicated than the one on the Boxter, your reasoning regarding converting it to manual operation may be very much worth taking under consideration. I had thought along the same lines myself when I remembered the much more simpler convertible tops on the cars back in the old days, and how much I'd appreciate the choice of option between automatic and manual operation. For the most part; when they broke, all you needed to do was to replace the one and only electric motor, or a simple part, and that was it. These days, and it effects all the verts that I'm aware of, the repair is monumental, especially in terms of dollars.

Yes, I'd like to see more investigation into this possibility
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote