View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 10:09 PM   #353 (permalink)
"Z"en
Base Member

Drives: 15 Z, 13 R58, 09 GTR
"Z"en has a spectacular aura about"Z"en has a spectacular aura about

Frankly, I don't think it's a good idea to not use the vent plug provided by Vortech (my friend once did it due to mechanic mistake and ended up with tragedy. His Vortech Si even didn't survive for only a few-min highway pulls!). I also tried few combos and ended with staying below 60000 RPM on our V-3 head units. The current setup of about 57500 brings me to 0.96-0.97 bar with Vortech Si impeller! I even have the SOHO's ported lower and 3" true-dual CBE to improve the overall volumetric efficiency with "zero" oil spilling issue. Car is running like a beast and my 7AT hits just 6.9sec (100-200km) under completely stock automatic shifting, pumping gas only! Not even the 928 states they can guarantee anything without issue and keep sufficient compressor efficiency on their web page when overspinning your blower way over 60000 RPM (I still bought one as backup, though). The chance is yours to take but such a high RPM is not what a V-3 head unit is designed for. Wanna get more power? I think the best solution is to find a bigger blower and spin it in a reasonable speed. The loss of compressor efficiency stemming from the overspun head unit will eat your power and cause many possible issues including the oil coming out as a result of its self-lubricated design. This will kill me and I don't want my car runs that way (personal opinions). : )

Last edited by "Z"en; 12-11-2018 at 01:19 AM.
"Z"en is offline   Reply With Quote