View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
JrumMusic
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Pearl White 370z
JrumMusic is on a distinguished road
Question $4k+ Airbag Fix?

Hello everyone, so about a year ago I left my windows down and it rained.

I damprid’d my car and got all the mositure out and dried off the floor mats the best I could. I reset my airbags with the amazing help of this forum and it worked perfectly... however everytime it rains and ONLY when it rains my light comes back on. And yes the windows are up lol.

So I took it to the dealership and they said the code was tripped but expired, I think they meant it was not permanent (passenger side under seat) after a $150 diagnostic charge they said if it comes back on, they will need to do a reinstall and the parts and labor were going to be $4k+.... I simply cant afford that and would have to sell my car

Any advice or help would mean the world, has anyone changed their air bag sensors themselves? I am very cautious to DIY on this seeing how airbags are VERY important.

Thanks for your time and help ahead of time. I also apologize in advance to any mods if this is in the wrong section.