View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 03:14 PM   #371 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBiN~HURMiT View Post
Just found this thread ... haven't read all the way through it yet but will offer this post for now.
My car is at MA-Motorsports as well.
They built the sleeved block with their design 11:1 CR Pistons and Carrillo H Rods.
JW Stage 2 exhaust cams.
CJM Stage 2 Fuel Rails
CJM Twin 450 Fuel Pumpsl
CJM Intercooler
E-85 flex fue
AAM Stage 2 EFR 71/63 Turbos with external waste gates
AAM upper intake
AAM oil pan
Ecutek Tune
Quaife LSD with MA-M diff cooler
OS Giken twin disc clutch

Dyno'd at 667 rwhp on their Mainline Dyno which reads 17% less than the more common Dyno Jet.
This translated to 780 rwhp on a DynoJet
Calculating BHP using Fuel Flow it came up to 1K BHP. (this factors out to 850 rwhp with a 15% hp loss due to the drivetrain)

4 boost settings on the EVC6 controller = 13 psi spring pressure | 16 psi | 20 psi | 25 psi |
My goal was 800 to 850 rwhp so I'm happy with that. The car is still streetable and reliable.

I did go down to test drive the car a few weeks ago to shake it down and find the little bugs that need attention.

The car is awesome so far - but the turbo's smoke due to poor oil drain - the location and angle of the drain from the turbo's into the oil pan does't allow for sufficient (gravity) drainage.

MA-M will have the car for a little while longer to fix that and to put in a roll bar.

Will be following your build with Great Interest !!!
You're the guy that is in my way. LOL I am probably not going to make my HP goals but that is OK. I am going to limit my boost to 18psi since I don't have a closed deck block or an aftermarket intake. We shall see what it makes. I think MA and the machine shop are learning more about these engines as they go and this has delayed mine a bit. I am fine with that. I am expecting to see about 650hp on their dyno. That would be 760hp on a dynojet.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote