View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 12:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
Nah not throw it out, cut it open and compare it the guts to a basic Fram.
From what I have seen the Chinese will try to replicate a part or item for our cars for forfeit and could care less about the quality control of the part or item. I agree would not purchase anything made in China or Mexico for my Z. Not to defend the eBay seller but there are a lot of eBay sellers sometimes that don’t even know actually where the item they are selling is really made I have seen this before they just try to sell the item. If you are skeptical about the part for your Z throw it in the trash. I too use Genuine Nissan oil filters for my Z oil changes and I called different Nissan Dealership parts departments and asked where the oil filters they were selling were made in and I found several Nissan dealership parts departments that are selling the “quality” Genuine Nissan oil filters that are made in Japan you will have to do your own research. The only oil filter I have ever used so far on my Z that came apart internally was a Fram oil filter. After the surprise of the Fram oil filter I was using that came apart after the oil change I went and purchased a Fram oil filter and cut it open to see it internally. I found cardboard paper media and the bypass valve design looked to be poor. I since have been using Genuine Nissan oil filters I have found that are made in Japan as the Genuine Nissan OEM oil filter has a superior bypass valve design for Nissan and Infiniti vehicles.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote