View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 04:27 PM   #4247 (permalink)
Shoeshear
Base Member

Drives: '15 370z Sport MT
Shoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond reputeShoeshear has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with analogman for the most part. All the "next Z" stuff seems purely speculation w/o any real evidence behind it (not counting this recent SEMA VR30 swap).

If they make another Z, I'd guess base will be mid to high 30s at least, possibly into the 40s. Judging from the current pricing scheme, I'd say Nissan will have to rethink if they want to sell and be competitive w/ cars in the same market (camaro, mustang, genesis, etc.). I personally think the Z is a great car as is w/ significant performance, delivered in a classic package, that is decidedly Japanese.

But, the competition has gone up like crazy and 300ish hp doesn't mean anything to anyone. They're gonna need the next Z to be a beast at a reasonable price, and I don't have a whole lot of faith in that unfortunately. And to add to that, Ghosn just got fired for his shady stuff. We shall see.

TLDR: new Z will probably be pricey or dead IMO
Shoeshear is offline   Reply With Quote