View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 12:47 AM   #586 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute

Normally when an iconic vehicle comes back - there is a lot of fanfare and a lot of 'can't wait to see how it performs'; but it seems like the Supra is receiving the opposite. We as a group seem to go back and forth as to whether or not a new Nismo is worth the price and those go for around $45k - add another $15-18k and it seems like we are in the new Supra range with similar HP numbers as the Z. I don't know if that price difference will make it that much better than the Nissan performance numbers.

While I am curious about the Supra - I wonder how much the 'upcharge' will be once it starts to hit dealers. Add in the fact that it seems to be nothing more than a Toyota shell with a BMW chassis and engine - I don't know if I would be hyped to pay that much just to say I have a Supra. Just my .02.

The one thing that makes us go back and forth on the Z and pricing is that once you hit a certain mark - lets say the $45-50k range - it opens up a lot of options that are superior to the Z. When considering the Supra (if the $60k is what we can expect) - your options are even greater. Add in no manual option and the fact that we will be facing an upcharge on it and the cost of tuning - I think I would pass on it to see if it's still around after 4years. Just my .02. *shrugs*
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote