View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 01:04 PM   #78 (permalink)
Esser
Base Member

Drives: 2004 350Z
Esser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond reputeEsser has a reputation beyond repute

Finally updates.

LS fest was in early September, and I had a ton of prep work I needed to do. One of the main points being a corner balance and an aggressive auto-x alignment. I was happy with my RE71r tires for now although wider on all 4 would have been desirable, just couldn't source CCW's in time. I took my car to a shop in Louisville, KY called The Winning Formula - they specialize in performance alignments. I told Aaron exactly what I was going to be doing at LS fest and what I expected out of the car. I chose to compete in the Grand Champion Event which consists of two different auto-x set ups, a drag race, and a road course type challenge. I figured this would be a great way to really test the all around performance of my setup.

I trailered my car to The Winning Formula, they have a ton of cool projects going on there. Here are some photos from the journey:

Do you even Miata????

They even had a minty fresh stock FD they were working on.

They got my car on the rack and got to work.

Here is what Aaron ended up with on the corner balance and alignment. It is a fairly aggressive setup, but a good compromise for all of the events I plan to participate in. He was impressed with the way the car drove, and I could immediately feel a difference once I took it for a spin. Aaron was able to catch some small issues with some joints that had loosened up over the break in period, so I'm thankful he took his time to look over my work. He also raised the rear of the car up 5mm to aid in traction.

I trailered the car back home and went over the rest of my drivetrain components, checking for other fasteners that loosened up any and snugged them all up. I changed oil again, washed the car, and deemed it ready for some abuse!!