View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 05:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
GTR’s factory fill is the European formula M1 0w40. That Nissan ester oil was never for GTR.
Agreed the standard in the Nissan GTR is Mobil 1 0W40 synthetic motor oil that is due to the plasma sprayed bores and any other weight motor oil could possibly damage the plasma coating. Dealerships I have seen reported using 5W30 and even 5W40 Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil on Nissan GTR oil changes. Bingo this is why I highly recommend taking the time and doing your own oil changes instead of having these places you bring your car to screw it up. I would hope people here would take pride in their Z and do some of their own general maintenance on their Z. If I owned a GTR the only motor oils I would consider using would be Mobil 1 0W40 or Motul 5W40 synthetic motor oils but there are a lot of different motor oil choices out there though.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote