Thread: Nismo Exhaust
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 04:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
simul8r
Base Member

Drives: 2016 Nismo Tech, 6MT
simul8r is on a distinguished road

I have experience with the stock 2015+ Nismo exhaust; AAM resonated short tails; and the R-Tune.

I'm currently running the R-Tune with AAM HFCs and I LOVE IT.

I was running the Short Tails on the stock set up and I really liked the way they sounded. They are a tad loud with some cabin drone, but it was tolerable. I then installed the HFCs and the combo of the two was absolutely unbearable. Again, the sound was great... but way too much drone and the entire back of my car sounded like it was about to vibrate loose.

I added the R-Tune with the HFCs and haven't looked back. The tone on the R-Tune is very nice. Very aggressive sounding under load, yet quiet enough at highway and neighborhood speeds with ZERO cabin drone. I did have an issue with the R-Tune after installation (a weld popped inside one of the resonators) but it was resolved with no other issues and I've been running this exhaust daily since July. I will say this about the R-Tune: the exhaust tips that it comes with will NOT fill up the bumper cut-outs on a 2015+ Nismo so if you want that, you'll have to look for other tips.

I keep saying I'm going to post video and some pics, but hockey season is eating up my free time, haha.
simul8r is offline   Reply With Quote