Thread: Misfires
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 06:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
JSur
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z TT
JSur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
If issues decreased with a new battery, then there are several things to consider. Reading through the posts, it appears you are replacing the alternator, that's good. Based on the numbers you posted, 13.1 VDC is barely enough to keep the battery charged, much less run everything else. A good alternator puts out between 13.5 & 14.5 VDC. Check all your grounds, make sure they are all clean and secure. A bad ground will raise havoc in any electrical system. If you are running an amplifier and not running a 1 to 2 farad capacitor, you are killing your alternator. Just some thoughts... good luck.

I do have a capacitor for the sub/amp. I actually re-grounded them both straight to the frame a while back. They were originally installed with the ground from the amp going to the capacitor ground, then into the frame, so I gave them both a direct ground and that didn’t fix anything. If my battery still drains after replacing alternator and starter then I have to dive into all the grounds. Thanks for the input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JSur is offline   Reply With Quote