Thread: Misfires
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
JSur
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z TT
JSur is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mults View Post
I am curious about your term "the starter fried". Did it smoke and need to be replaced, or have other symptoms?

As-far-as low voltage, it can be many things...Are any of the wires close to the hot components of your TT setup that could have melted? How low does the voltage get when you say "low voltage"? Is the voltage measured at the battery, or are you going from the voltmeter?

Electrical issues are undoubtedly the hardest to track down. Keep us posted as to any other symptoms or fixes...

The starter smoked, we did manage to get the car started after rocking it back and forth, but it is getting replaced. I’ll be ordering the starter and alternator this week.

The AAM Kit is super tight so there’s definitely a few things close. I haven’t dug that deep into yet. The only wire I can think of off the top of my head that run close are the 02 sensor wires and my AFR. I ceramic coated my down pipes and zip tied the wires as far away as I could without pulling too hard. I used a meter. The voltages measured 12.47 when it was off and around 13.1, give or take, while running. Which may not be an issue for regular cars but as I mentioned to the first guy I have A LOT of accessories that draw power. I have air compressors, head unit, amp, capacitor and a remote start system (left over from the previous owner which I’d like to rip out but can’t find it).

I’m really hoping that it’s not a melted wire or a short. Electrical issues are without a doubt the worst lol. I appreciate the input I will definitely update as I go along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JSur is offline   Reply With Quote