View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 10:03 AM   #4236 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmea? View Post
Before and if the Z35 is released (big/huge IF), Nissan will push a Z34 with a VR30DTT. I know.....'cause I'm Zoltar. The business reason: SUVs and crossovers. The body style is relevant. Add on modern day tech found in their staple sedans and you have a cheap, updated, and appealing sports car. There is no business reason to introduce a new-bodied 2-door sports coupe. The numbers don't lie.
Truthfully, I'm on board with this idea. Give me a Z34 from the factory with the VR30DDTT with an updated interior (along the lines of Nissan's Platinum Reserve offerings, perhaps?) offered with a manual transmission and I'm perfectly fine with that.

To me, that sounds like a significantly less expensive proposition than building a new platform and such. That way, Z purists get something new while Nissan can offer something more competitive in whichever segment Motor Trend wants to put the Z in.

If it's even possible that it stays within the same price range the Z currently sits, it's a grand slam.

I didn't think about this part, but it's possibly more expensive to allocate resources to VQ37 production... I think the Z is the last car using it.