View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 08:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
avantcrap
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370z
avantcrap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
While I agree with a pro install and the benefits of going active. Unless the tuner at the shop has done their fair share of DSP installs with active setups, it can turn out bad. I've had a hand full of customers come to me after a pro installer put their DSP in and tuned it. Only to find out they set it up passive and hid the crossovers. Do your research with the shops if you're going to go active.

PS the stereo integrity mid mass are awesome just make sure you can run them at the ohms rating they want so you don't fry your amp. I actually have a set sitting in my basement.
Yeah. I don't plan on just using some random shop. Theres a small handful of really reputable shops in the Atlanta area that I'll be reaching out to once I have everything set in stone as far as what I want to do. That way I can have a discussion about it and see if it's something they have experience with and are comfortable doing. Most of them have experience with building super custom setups for people, so this should be relatively straight forward for them. Should being the keyword there.
avantcrap is offline   Reply With Quote