View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 03:29 PM   #108 (permalink)
nismo-911
Base Member

Drives: 12 370z White Auto
nismo-911 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
I have my plastic (I'm only having the front done) being painted this week... for prep/paint my shop quoted me under $100, so for everything involved (tablet/plastics/electronics/paint) I'm right around the same price I originally paid for my Pioneer head unit.

Jayhovah - I don't know about your Z, but if I'm driving it's either speaker or exhaust noise. That, and I usually won't answer phone calls when I'm driving anyway so I wasn't concerned about either.

mini_cal - The Tablet A has a built-in GPS antenna, and if you tether it to your phone's data Waze and/or Google Maps work perfectly fine (I tested the theory in my minivan since I had the same concern in the beginning). Also, how often do you listen to AM/FM radio? Again, can only speak for myself but I haven't a single time since owning my Z but if you do, you do.

nismo-911 - They have a video on their youtube channel with wiring setup. I'm still waiting on my voltage power adapter otherwise I'd try to help you out myself but it looks pretty straight forward. If you already have an amp installed, then it should be extremely simple.

falsereality - Unless you live in Arizona or somewhere where it gets EXTREMELY hot, I don't see the heat being an issue. I have to leave my phone in the car when I'm at work due to the area I work in, however even during the summer it operates just fine when I go to lunch or home. I don't see the tablet being taxed that severely by just playing music or navigating to overheat. Also, with the tablet (as opposed to an actual head unit),there's a decent amount of space behind it for the air to circulate somewhat. Worst case, you have AC. That's my line of thought.

That being said, the issue I did have with it was the lack of a way to integrate my current rearveiw camera since we all know the Z has terrible rearward visibility and the zenki Nismo wing pretty much blocks what we do have. I ended up purchasing the OEM rearview in-mirror monitor/camera setup and will use that however it was pricey. Just something to be aware of for those that do have cameras in use with their aftermarket headunits.
So are you using a PAC transformer? And are you adding an external amplifier?
nismo-911 is offline   Reply With Quote