Thread: TPMS Nonsense
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
ITGUY
Base Member

Drives: 2018 370Z Coupe base
ITGUY is on a distinguished road

The tire shops around my location cant be bothered to do this unless you have purchased tires from them.
Not to mention the time factor of driving there twice per year.

Cloning is also something a tire shop or dealer would have to perform.

EDIT: Cloning...the only sensors the tool can clone are AUTEL sensors (I asked). AUTEL sells their own brand of sensors, presumably tire shops would buy these in lots of 100, then they use the tool in conjunction with the sensors.

So.. IT WORKS.

Took less than 10 minutes for the entire operation.

First you take the tool and go from wheel to wheel and it will read the sensor and put it in memory, then connect to OBD2 and go to TPMS diagnostics \ relearn mode, it programs the new ones into the PCM...at that point you back out of the menu and I went to the OBD2 codes...The tool showed 4 flashing TPMS sensors (icons)..I hit "clear" and they all turned green. Shut down the tool & disconnected.

Started car, no flashing TPMS light....took car for 30 minute drive..no light, no codes, perfectly normal.

Yeah, it wasn't cheap but now I have no need to rely on dealer or some tire shop. Considering what we spend on our cars, I dont think the cost is out of line really.

DO NOT buy the two lesser models unless you only want to diagnose...they do not have all the write functions.

All's well that ends well

EDIT: You can also use the tool at any time to read all the sensor info including PSI and battery.
As well, if you are so inclined, I'm sure you could pick up the odd case of beer here and there for doing a buddys car and getting rid of his TPMS light

EDIT: Thanks to the folks who replied and if I can help anyone, dont hesitate to ask.

Last edited by ITGUY; 11-04-2018 at 12:12 PM.
ITGUY is offline   Reply With Quote