Thread: TPMS Nonsense
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
ITGUY
Base Member

Drives: 2018 370Z Coupe base
ITGUY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
so these tpms sensors were verified working with your car's system before installation? I assumed that they worked for awhile and now you have the tpms dash light on?

Is it possible that one for more of the tpms sensors is NOT working properly?

I am sure you have proper air pressure for all 4 tires?
No.

The OEM wheels, tires, and sensors were replaced with Winter wheels, tires, and new sensors. When ordering, a company like Tire Rack will also offer to sell you and install TPMS sensors prior to mounting your tires on the wheels and shipping them to you. You MUST tell them the make of your car so they can use the correct sensors for your car brand. Additionaly the sensors must be programmed by them. This is all done before the wheels are shipped to you.

Now, with some cars, such as Dodge and Ford, after installing your new wheels, the car will automatically pick up the new sensors and all is fine. I have personally done this with 2 cars with no issues.

Nissan is different...as is BMW and others. The car will NOT pick up the new sensors by itself. Stupid IMO.

There are multiple threads here about this topic and even a thread on how to reset the TPMS by grounding out a plug.

Anyway, I found a video on how to use the tool correctly and will be trying it this morning.