View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts3 View Post
Too much. There was a decent size puddle that had collected on the undershield, and it had started to splash on the passenger side exhaust
That's definitely too much oil. Have you run the engine with the bumper off and gotten a firsthand look at where the leak is occurring? If it's splashing on the exhaust that sounds more like a spray.

Curious if you tightened the plate down to the proper torque.. the first time, I didnt want to buy a 1 inch socket and went the cheap route of using a 1 inch wrench.. needless to say it wasnt torqued down properly and I had a leak at the mating point between plate and stock oil cooler.

For what it's worth, my o-ring is lubed with the ridged side facing the stock oil cooler and I've had no leaks from that element of the system.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk