View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #41 (permalink)
TheWeatherman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MTw/Sport
TheWeatherman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
TW, I have played around with SRM quite a bit and yes it will hold 3500rpms in neutral if it is near one of the gates. I as a fun lil habit when coasting in neutral will push the shifter laterally to the lower gears and it will act like it rev'd but I never came even close to a gate... in my case it would hold it for several seconds and then finally relent. I believe with turning the SRM system off while running the car for a few mile then turning it back on will help trouble shoot the issue. For sure I know it is an SRM issue like I stated before. I didnt see that you were at zero mph earlier and after watching the video again I see that. turn off the SRM drive it and see if that fixes the issue, then turn it back on and see if it continues. if that doesnt work unplug the battery for several minutes to let everything die down and then plug the battery back up and try again.

This is problem shooting 101... Now you say you arent worried but man seriously you should hear your voice in that video. Im not meaning to sound like a prick or an A$$hole but you sound so worried and like a little b!tch. I dont mean to be rude but take a step out and realize its a machine it may have problems and its not doing it to you on purpose. Its not bad luck either and if the problem persists take it to the dealer this is not that big of a deal! and this coming from 1 of 2 on these forums that has blown a stock motor already! I blew my motor at 10,100 miles and 1/2 mile from the dealership cause the motor was making funny noises. My car has been in more shops for over 6 months than it has been on the road. Just relax and take another video without the "why is this happening to me" attitude... Thanks and we all want to see you enjoying your Z so try these trouble shooting ideas before you shoot them down.

Mike
Bullit, it's just that I've spent 2 months bringing my FX back and forth from the dealer for the same thing. The FX has now been gone for well over a week. That's why I'm ticked. I should be. I spend more of my free time running these cars to the dealer than I have time for. The Infiniti dealer is over 45 minutes for my house, 1 way, and has been in 4 times for the same nav screen thing because Infiniti told the dealer NOT to put in a new screen. I'm sorry. 5 because the first one was a diagnosis. Not to mention the problem with my XM radio (9 hours of total time to get that straightened out) since they replaced the AV unit (used from California. Nice. His name was Mark), dead steering column, loose center console, a screw caught rolling around in the hatch door that they can't find, Bridgestone tires that had to all be replaced because they were loosing huge chunks of tread, a transmission that had to be reprogrammed for huge flares and thuds, and to cap it all off... The tech accidently banged my door into the metal rack. Now the door is being repainted. Get it? The car has been in 14 times in the past year for things OTHER than oil changes. (And it's not me being a whiney owner. Chunks of my tires were coming off and I could hear them smacking the wheel wells.) Of course I'm bothered. The FX is still in the shop, now I have to bring this thing in. That's gas money and time I'd like back. 14 trips= 1120 miles, 26 hours not including traffic. That's just the FX.

The Z has only been in once for the oil changes, grinding second gear, and that high pitched noise. Luckily that dealer is only 20 minutes from me.

Of course I'm bothered. While the Infin was in, I thought I'd enjoy the Z. I did, it just broke and wanted to show you. Next time I'll just not say anything and you can figure out what wrong and how I feel about it. Calm down Bullit. I'm just sharing the information.

Oh, the FX is a 2009 35 with 15,000 miles on it.

I respect all of you who haven't bashed me for just posting a video. I just wanted to share and ask what you thought before I bring it in to the dealer. Thought it would be a fun discussion.

Last edited by TheWeatherman; 01-29-2010 at 10:24 AM.
TheWeatherman is offline   Reply With Quote