View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 10:07 AM   #64 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRiZO View Post
If you could buy a Z for $40k and have it be close to a GTR, why would you buy a GTR at $90k? - Nissan exists to make money. The same reason the lower end Porsches are totally neutered, they started to step on the 911's toes.

That said, the 300ZX was direct competition to the Corvette. That ship is halfway around the world by now. Nissan would need to double or triple the Z's price to stay relevant.
I think you are missing it also. Nissan can have different levels just like Porsche. The GT2 RS is the top dog like the GTR if we are not talking about hyper cars. Do I think the standard 370z should have the TT engine in it. Noop, it should be just for the Nismo. The Nismo price will go up. I would think with the right package that should be around 55k. They need to deliver value, performance, and be visual appealing. All Z's are 911 territory. The 300zx was never competing with the Corvette. It has always been the 911. The 70's, 80's, and 90's Nissan/Datsun and Porsche were battling it out on the track. In my opinion, the Corvette was a joke. The first Corvette that was worth a crap started with the C6 and more so with the C7. Yes, I own a Corvette C7 GS but that car was for the wife. I have already owned my dream car, so I bought her dream car.
Spooler is online now   Reply With Quote