View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 07:58 AM   #2421 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Also, to finish off last night's bed-in process, after doing the highway traveling and such for the cool down in between both bed-in procedures, we ended back at this same road, which is a closed road out in the middle of nowhere that leads back to a facility where there's ZERO traffic, ZERO side roads, plenty of street lights (a.k.a - very well lit), and with a perfectly straight, flat, and smooth 1.5 mile section. It's the perfect location for doing testing and stuff like that without endangering anyone. We encountered no one out there except for two dudes on bikes all three times when we went out there.

Anyway, those two dudes on crotch rockets went flying past us at one point in the other direction (2 lanes each way). When we came back through after the last cool down session, they were sitting on the side of the road, standing by their bikes chatting. One of them casually waved when we drove by. I made a U-turn all the way down at the other end of that straight where they were at. In 2nd gear doing about 30 mph, we came around the bend to the straight. With no one around except for those two dudes down towards the other end, I opened the ole' girl up to stretch her legs a bit... Redline into 3rd, redline into 4th, redline into 5th (with a loud, solid exhaust "POP!" between up-shifts), then into 6th just for that extra up-shift "pop" out of the exhaust right on front of them. Blew by them at almost 150 mph before braking. They were both giving us thumbs up when we went by. My girlfriend actually kept her eyes open the entire time! LOL

I laid on the brakes before the turn ahead, not nailing them like before obviously, but hard enough. Very smooth, very controlled braking. I also noticed that after doing the bedding-in, the pedal feels a bit firmer and the brakes are a bit bitier now. And no more brake squeal when coming to a slow stop like they had started doing.

All in all, a fun-filled 50 mile round trip last night! I just wish I was one of those guys on the side of the road. I would love to have heard my car outside like that at full tilt. I know it sounded pretty damn good inside!