View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 12:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhan996 View Post
Yeah I was actually looking into the Competition Clutch Kits. I was hesitant about Stage 3 just because my friend has a Stage 4 on his Cobra and I'm like HOLY F***. The car will be NA for maybe all its life, just will do my entire exhaust setup, CAI and Tune but that's about it so not CRAZY power being put down but I think Stage 3 will be okay. I looked on the Competition Clutch website and it doesn't come with a flywheel, which flywheel did you use? Also was it a puck clutch or regular disk? And is it truly needed to upgrade the Master Cylinder? I know the Slave has to be replaced. ALSO after upgrading your clutch did you still keep the RJM Pedal? A handful of questions haha
I used the Modern Automotive Performance lightweight billet steel ST flywheel part#2-630-6ST with both the Competition Stage 2 and Stage 3 clutch kits. The Competition Stage 2 clutch uses a sprung hub design with brass plus and the Stage 3 uses a sprung hub design segmented ceramic. Use the clutch disc that best matches it’s intended use. I had two Genuine Nissan OEM clutch master cylinders not only fail but,leaked and only got worst over time. I highly recommend installing the RJM Performance CMC it will save you in the future because eventually it will fail down the road. I kept the RJM Performance petal with the Competition clutch and I adjusted it as needed definitely a good idea. Also I believe the Z Speed Performance CMAK is the best option to go with. If you do install a Competition clutch kit make sure you follow the 500 mile break in period it is necessary for this clutch kit so your new clutch breaks in properly. Overall the Competition clutch kits were my favorite.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote