View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #39 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute

TW, I have played around with SRM quite a bit and yes it will hold 3500rpms in neutral if it is near one of the gates. I as a fun lil habit when coasting in neutral will push the shifter laterally to the lower gears and it will act like it rev'd but I never came even close to a gate... in my case it would hold it for several seconds and then finally relent. I believe with turning the SRM system off while running the car for a few mile then turning it back on will help trouble shoot the issue. For sure I know it is an SRM issue like I stated before. I didnt see that you were at zero mph earlier and after watching the video again I see that. turn off the SRM drive it and see if that fixes the issue, then turn it back on and see if it continues. if that doesnt work unplug the battery for several minutes to let everything die down and then plug the battery back up and try again.

This is problem shooting 101... Now you say you arent worried but man seriously you should hear your voice in that video. Im not meaning to sound like a prick or an A$$hole but you sound so worried and like a little b!tch. I dont mean to be rude but take a step out and realize its a machine it may have problems and its not doing it to you on purpose. Its not bad luck either and if the problem persists take it to the dealer this is not that big of a deal! and this coming from 1 of 2 on these forums that has blown a stock motor already! I blew my motor at 10,100 miles and 1/2 mile from the dealership cause the motor was making funny noises. My car has been in more shops for over 6 months than it has been on the road. Just relax and take another video without the "why is this happening to me" attitude... Thanks and we all want to see you enjoying your Z so try these trouble shooting ideas before you shoot them down.

Mike
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054
bullitt5897 is offline   Reply With Quote