View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 09:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
RanRich
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 PG Sport M6
RanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond repute

I've had my tune for almost 1.5 years now and have to say the magic has worn off.

Shortly after getting tuned I noticed there was an issue with downshifts which has persisted to this day. When I blip for downshifts (I almost never use S-mode) the throttle simply wont react. It may give a dull rev, but I have to put my foot through the floorboard to get the thing to truly rev-match and its completely inconsistent for when it happens and which gears between 3-2 and 4-3. Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't, but it always drives me nuts.

Additionally, the car feels down on power and pretty soft overall compared to initial impressions, still have a horribly laggy throttle at times. I also have issues with hot starts where the car will nearly die before finding the proper idle.

I just bought an ECUTEK cable to do a remote correction, so I'm hoping they can fix it. Still, its kind of disappointing to see Dynosty-tuned 370's with various combos of I/HFC/TP/CBE only dropping mid-high teens in the 300 horsepower range. Especially when other shops seem to get similarly modded cars into the 320-330 range (specialtyZ, SOHO, Z1).

Would any other Dynosty customers want to chime in? I can either do an e-tune from a recommended tuner or rent a dyno locally for Dynosty to correct. Same cost either way.

Last edited by RanRich; 10-30-2018 at 09:45 PM. Reason: added clarification
RanRich is offline   Reply With Quote