View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 01:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
simul8r
Base Member

Drives: 2016 Nismo Tech, 6MT
simul8r is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ-Z View Post
When you say high flowing, have you had it dyno'd or is that just your impression from driving it? Keen to understand how rwhp compares.
Thanks for your time if you see this and reply. Sorry for all the questions, I just couldn't see anything on Youtube about this exhaust.
I haven't had it dynoed yet as I'm in the process of datalog tuning; however, the R-Tune exhaust is a performance part so it is high-flowing and less restrictive than OEM. The exhaust has a really nice tone, I think, and it is pretty damn quiet in the cabin at cruising speeds with no drone. When you get on the throttle it growls quite nicely and it doesn't sound anything like a trumpet. I haven't been able to get a video of the exhaust posted yet but will try soon.

I did have an issue with the exhaust right after it was installed. One of resonators blew a weld and would make a really loud "ding". Once we figured out the issue, I had the shop just change out the resonators with the ones from my stock exhaust and problem solved. The only "negative" about the exhaust is for it being a NISMO part, the exhaust tips are really small in diameter and will not fill up the bumper cut-outs on a 2015+ NISMO (not sure about 2014- model NISMOs).

Last edited by simul8r; 10-30-2018 at 01:24 AM.
simul8r is offline   Reply With Quote